September issues of our favorite fashion magazines are on stands, bursting with tips & trends on the latest fashion, beauty and accessory must-haves. We often find ourselves frantically dog-earing their pages to decipher which items are right for us. Since most of us can’t buy it all, we want to be sure we choose wisely… on trend without being trendy… a standout piece that can stand the test of time.
As a jewelry designer and a mildly fashion-obsessed gal, I try to keep in mind these notions as I am following my own design inspirations. For this fall’s lineup I have focused my creative energy on several mini collections that I hope give the ordinary moments of your life some extraordinary style:
· The Metro Chic Collection puts an edgy twist on femininity with lots of dimension.
· The Vintage Luxe Collection is couture for every day paying homage to the details like you do.
· The Day to Night Collection multitasks as much as you do, wearing as gorgeously with denim as with a LBD.
· La Coco Collection is your own style statement that you create with versatile, mix-and-match chains, strands and brooches.
· Little Girls Collection is a whimsical tribute to who matters most and her growing sense of style.
Today, I’m feeling the Metro Chic vibe, wearing what I consider to be the perfect seasonal transition piece, the Musette Necklace. I’m wearing it over a grey tank dress and cutout booties, but it also goes well with ivory, blush, black, or any warm neutral.
As a whole, the Metro Chic Collection is edgy, feminine and whimsical. I’ve mixed chains, metals, pearls and ribbons to create pieces that juxtapose edgy, rocker chic styles with really feminine twists. This season was very much inspired by texture. My background as a sculptor has led me to be very hands on, focusing on look and feel. I think that stands out in this collection.
Now that I’ve had the chance to spend ample time wearing and living in each piece from this collection, I’d like to share a few more Metro Chic styling tips that might inspire you to experiment with your own personal style.
· Don’t save the Metropolitan Necklace for dressy occasions. (I have been wearing this necklace with a bright yellow sundress, made casual with thin silver leather flip-flops.)
· My favorite layering combination is the Liv Multi Charm Necklace with the Clover Key Necklace. Or, I like to pair either of those necklaces with the Chelsea Necklace in Hematite.
· I have been removing the Maltese cross on my Liv Multi Charm Necklace when I layer it with other more casual silver pieces. It makes it more casual and simple and easier to layer. I love the cross left on when the necklace is worn alone.
· Try doubling two of the Claire Necklaces for more of a statement look.
· Another ‘wow’ style is the sumptuous look achieved by braiding three of the La Coco Cupchain necklaces. It’s a simple but decadent way to add a unique twist to your style.
You can find all the pieces in ourMetro Chic collection in the Look Book or online. Getting excited about new fall fashion & accessories is easy. Picking the look that’s right for you is not always as simple. I hope these tips will inspire you to experiment with your own style.